I never leave the house without my lip balm. And it’s easy to understand why – because I’m sure, it happened to you, too, at least once, to have your lips dry and cracked. Ah, it’s so annoying! And, yes, the lip balm saves you on the spot! But not any lip balm. The secret is to test a few and choose the ones that work for you. Besides, there are a few tiny secrets that will help you have hydrated – not to mention, gorgeous – lips.
- Drink water. It’s the main source of hydration, so if you don’t drink enough water, you’ll definitely have dry lips. Same goes for your complexion.
- Exfoliate your lips once a week. Yes, they also need exfoliation. And, yes, there are special products for the lips. If, from time to time, you want something natural – and sweet –, mix a teaspoon of honey with a little bit of sugar and gently massage your lips.
- Apply the lip balm every evening, and especially after you’ve exfoliated them.
- Protect your lips from the sun! Like any part of our body, lips need protection too. The solar rays are harmful – you know it all too well. So choose a balm or gloss containing a sunscreen filter.
- Don’t use a matte lipstick every day. If you’re into matte lips, I know you’re not going to like this. The good news is that the new matte lipstick formulas are friendlier with the lips, and don’t dry them as much as a few years ago. However, it would be thoughtful not to use them every single day, but to alternate them with hydrating lipsticks – or better – with lip balms.