I went to a party a few days ago, but while I was getting ready, I started to feel worried. It was so hot! I hoped it would cool off till the evening, but no, at eight o’clock there were still 30 degrees Celsius. Okay, so therefore what’s going to happen with my make-up in this heat? I imagined how it would all melt, starting with the mascara. And yes, I really wanted to wear make-up – when, if not at parties?!
So, what was I to do? To carefully choose every product, to look for the highest quality ones, yet with a transfer-resistant formula, and, last but not least, to resist the temptation of applying too much. Below are some tips I took into consideration, and which, in my case, worked marvels.
- Exfoliate. A delicate face scrub is anyway recommended in your weekly care routine. And if you’re about to go to a party, you can exfoliate on the very same day. The make-up will look and last better and longer.
- Hydrate! It’s an essential step, no matter if it’s summer or winter. Choose a soft hydrating cream or lotion that quickly gets absorbed into the skin.
- Invest in a primer. Because a quality primer blurs the fine wrinkles, hides the little imperfections and is the perfect base for the make-up.
- Apply less foundation! Ah, I hope you agree with me. Even though some of us use a lot of foundation (I admit, I had a period when I wanted to hide any sign – then, it seemed to me that otherwise I couldn’t get out of the house!), you need to know that applying too much of it, actually highlights the wrinkles. And if you wear a lot of foundation and sweat, you’re really not going to like it. Here’s what I’m proposing: a very light foundation, a BB cream, or your favorite foundation mixed with a little bit of hydrating cream.
- Or just a concealer. For once, just try to go to a party without any foundation. If you applied a primer before, a concealer should be enough. Yet, use it only to hide any potential imperfections and, then, blur it as best as possible.
- Give up the powder. Seriously! It’s more indicated to take a concealer and reapply it if it’s really necessary. And some napkins to tampon your face to if you sweat.
- Choose resistant products. You probably knew that by now, yet it really needs mentioning again: so, a creamy, yet waterproof eye shadow. The same goes for the mascara. Finally, you can pick whatever kind of lipstick your lips desire!