We are used to follow the same habits – most of us prefer not to step out of the comfort zone, especially when the stakes are high. For instance, I prepare my coffee right after I wake up. I, then, take 15 minutes just for myself, doing nothing at all. And only then I begin to think about what I have to do that day, I go into the shower, get dressed and put on my make-up.
My everyday make-up is simple, especially since I go to the office, so I don’t want to show up with smoky eyes at the nine o’clock meeting! I rarely change anything. I choose a nude, bronze or a brown hue, a bit of black mascara and lipstick: well, I’m much more flexible at this chapter, I don’t wear the same hue two days in a row. Yet the mascara – because that’s what I want to write about – is (or, rather was) always black.
Well, I guess a few years have passed now since I last used color on my eyelashes. And I have to admit that I wouldn’t have thought to try any colored mascara if, lately, I haven’t seen the catwalk models wearing it. And the famous make-up brands launched mascara in several nuances. So I said that it’s time to try it myself. However, before all, I asked a few make-up artists what’s the coolest way to wear colored eyelashes now. And, as usual, I’m sharing all with you.
- Apply colored mascara both on the upper and lower eyelashes. In this way you’ll get a strong, trendy look.
- When you have colored eyelashes, the rest of the make-up should be minimalist. No need for eye shadow – under any circumstances, a colored one. And instead of blush, pick an illuminator. For the lips, a clear gloss is enough. Or maybe a delicate, pink or nude lipstick.
- For a subtle look, use first the black mascara and then the colorful one – yet, apply the latter only on the top of the lashes.
- Or color your upper eyelid lashes with black, and for the lower ones choose a mascara in a different color.
- Purple mascara is suitable no matter the eye color.
- If you have blue eyes, highlight them with a green or purple mascara. And if green, go for purple or even blue.
- Brown mascara is especially used when you want to get a more discrete look – it’s less obvious than the black mascara.